Tips for a Better Life
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4 When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, ‘My purpose is to __________ today.’
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6 Play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13 Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. GOD heals everything and anything.
29. However good or bad a situation is it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the RIGHT thing at all times!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful
for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more, May nothing but happiness come through your door!
PERSPECTIVE by Andy Rooney
v That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an
v That when you’re in love, it shows
v That just one person saying to me, ‘You’ve made my
day!’, makes my day
v That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the
most peaceful feelings in the world
v That being kind is more important than being right
v That you should never say no to a gift from a child
v That I can always pray for someone when I don’t have the
strength to help him in some other way
v That no matter how serious your life requires you to be,
everyone needs a friend to act goofy with
v That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a
heart to understand
v That simple walks with my father around the block on
summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.
v That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes
v That we should be glad God doesn’t give us everything we
v That money doesn’t buy class
v That it’s those small daily happenings that make life so
v That under everyone’s hard shell is someone who wants to be
appreciated and loved.
v That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
v That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only
letting that person continue to hurt you.
v That love, not time, heals all wounds.
v That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to
surround myself with people smarter than I am.
v That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a
v That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
v That life is tough, but I’m tougher.
v That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the
ones you miss.
v That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock
v That I wish I could have told my Mom that I love her one
more time before she passed away.
v That one should keep his words both soft and tender,
because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
v That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
v That when your newly born grandchild holds your little
finger in his little fist, that you’re hooked for life.
v That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but
all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.
v That the less time I have to work with, the more things I