I initially thought that with Barack Obama out of the country John McCain would take his campaign by the reigns and take advantage of Obama’s out of country experience to sway us democrats to his wayward ways. But no, instead he decides to have a melt down. In addition Bobby Jindal, the Louisiana Governor, announced today that he is happy being governor and doesn’t want to be McCain’s VP.
Ben Smith points out that McCain canceled his press availability because he didn’t want to deal with the mess he’s created for himself.
John McCain cancelled his press meet today because:
· He does not want to talk about Iraq
· He doesn’t want to talk about the economy
· He doesn’t want to talk about energy policy
· He doesn’t want to talk about abortion
· He doesn’t want to talk about Supreme Court Justices
· He doesn’t want to talk about healthcare
· He doesn’t want to talk about his rape jokes
· He doesn’t want to talk about his wife Cindy
He just doesn’t want to talk to the press.
To me, this is the ultimate McCain flip-flop. After complaining for two days about not getting enough press coverage it is comical that he cancels his one press availability. I can’t wait to see what late night shows do with this.
It gets crazier when you realize that the reason McCain won’t talk today is because of the SURGE. The king of SURGE won’t talk about SURGE. John McCain is afraid to talk about the SURGE. John McCain’s campaign would like to you think he absolutely owns the SURGE. But today after his CBS ‘gaffe’ it is clear that he doesn’t even understand the history behind ‘the SURGE’.
If this isn’t a sign that John McCain is in serious trouble, I don’t know what is. SMDH!