John McCain is a complete contradiction of himself. His inconsistencies on issues and policies are frightening. He supports something one day and then he’s against that same thing the next day. John McCain is deceitful. John McCain is not trustworthy. Which John McCain are we suppose to believe?
Another thing that really, really bothers me is that the United States of America has a ‘war plan’ that travels with the president, the commander-in-chief, wherever he goes. The ‘war plan’ is kept in a suitcase and is also known as the nuclear football. The suitcase contains several ‘options’ that would be used if the need arises for a ‘massive retaliation’. These options are called the ‘major attack options’ – there are four of them. Would you want fickle-minded John McCain to select MAO Four – Major Attack Option Number Four if he became befuddled? If our President chooses this option, it would unleash at least 2,300 nuclear weapons immediately. This option would flatten ANY area in the world and would cause radiation devastation for centuries. That’s an option in the nuclear football – the suitcase at the disposal of the President. I would NOT want John McCain to have access to this type of arsenal. Would you want erratic John McCain to have exclusive access to America’s nuclear weapons?
Just today in Richmond, VA, McCain said that his campaign was using ‘Google’ to help vet his Vice Presidential candidates – OMG, this is NOT even funny. Would you want this imprudent man to be the President of the United States?
As a woman I cannot support anyone who wants to take away my right to choose. I may not have to choose, but I want the right to choose. McCain said unequivocally and unashamedly that he does NOT support Roe vs. Wade.
I found the following list of “10 Things You Should Know About John McCain” at http://pol.moveon.org/mccain10/email.html.
The list is straight forward, accurate and highlights that McCain is either a man full of significant uncertainties or he is a man that is obviously confused.
10 Things You Should Know About John McCain:
1. John McCain voted against establishing a national holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Now he says his position has “evolved,” yet he’s continued to oppose key civil rights laws.
2. According to Bloomberg News, McCain is more hawkish than Bush on Iraq, Russia and China. Conservative columnist Pat Buchanan says McCain “will make Cheney look like Gandhi.”
3. His reputation is built on his opposition to torture, but McCain voted against a bill to ban water boarding, and then applauded President Bush for vetoing that ban.
4. McCain opposes a woman’s right to choose. He said, “I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned.”
5. The Children’s Defense Fund rated McCain as the worst senator in Congress for children. He voted against the children’s health care bill last year, then defended Bush’s veto of the bill.
6. He’s one of the richest people in a Senate filled with millionaires. The Associated Press reports he and his wife own at least eight homes! Yet McCain says the solution to the housing crisis is for people facing foreclosure to get a “second job” and skip their vacations.
7. Many of McCain’s fellow Republican senators say he’s too reckless to be commander in chief. One Republican senator said: “The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He’s erratic. He’s hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me.”
8. McCain talks a lot about taking on special interests, but his campaign manager and top advisers are actually lobbyists. The government watchdog group Public Citizen says McCain has 59 lobbyists raising money for his campaign, more than any of the other presidential candidates.
9. McCain has sought closer ties to the extreme religious right in recent years. The pastor McCain calls his “spiritual guide,” Rod Parsley, believes America’s founding mission is to destroy Islam, which he calls a “false religion.” McCain sought the political support of right-wing preacher John Hagee, who believes Hurricane Katrina was God’s punishment for gay rights and called the Catholic Church “the Antichrist” and a “false cult.”
10. He positions himself as pro-environment, but he scored a 0—yes, zero—from the League of Conservation Voters last year.
John McCain is not who the Washington press corps make him out to be. Please help get the word out—forward this to your personal network.